Wednesday, February 6, 2013

{P31} Photography & Friends

I was added to this group for photographers on Facebook probably about a couple years ago. A group called {Pursuit 31} it's an awesome group for christian women to get together talk about photography, life and so much more. Over the last couple years it has grown to close to 3,000 members all over the United States. Just in the last year or so it has become so much more to me. Moving to the east coast I got into one of their smaller groups for my specific area and it has been amazing. Women supporting other women and not judging them. Lifting them up with encouragement instead of tearing them down.
So when the opportunity came up to attend this workshop/seminar/meetup I jumped at it.
A chance to meet with all the ladies that I had been chatting with on Facebook for awhile. Get away for some girl/alone time. A chance to see and explore a new place {Hartford, Connecticut}. As well as learn a ton of business info.
I was so enthralled with everything everyone had to say and making new friends I didn't get a chance to take as many pictures as I wanted. :( Bad Photographer..BAD!

We went Friday night to meetup, eat, chit-chat. Next day was breakfast, shop-talk, giveaways/raffles and a chance to take headshots at the Hartford City hall which is absolutely gorgeous! I learned so much in just one day and it was such a refresher. It was like coming home from summer camp or a mission trip. Kind of in a daze to real life. As if my real life is now the surreal one. I felt so encouraged to go after the things I really want to do. That it's okay to be more than one thing, to do more than one thing. I am so excited for what will come in the new year now. Even more than I was before!

Behind the scenes with Stephanie of Stephanie Doyle Photography and Alicia of No eye has seen Photography











My headshots of Sarah of Afterglow Photos






1 comment:

  1. Very original and lifestyle view of beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!