Wednesday, April 10, 2013

{Beginnings Workshop} Photographers

I recently went to an awesome Photography workshop with the amazing Ashley Poisella of Ashley Therese Photography. The Beginnings workshop was for photographers who were just starting out in their business, or wanting to grow their business. So when I heard about this workshop through Ashley at our recent Pursuit 31 get together I jumped at this awesome opportunity. We met bright and early at the gorgeous Patterson Country Club in Fairfield, Ct. They had reserved a spacious room for us with big comfy couches and drink, and chocolate of course! I can't complain about being able to snack on chocolate all day long. We filled out our requests for lunch and made introductions. We went through so much valuable information. Choosing your ideal client, marketing, finances, goals, utilizing natural light and so much more. They encouraged to ask as many questions as we could think of. Which made it so intimate and comfortable. It was like we were all friends just sitting around talking about our passion for photography.
We had a fancy little Country club style lunch and then my favorite part. We got to photograph a couple who had never been photographed before. Ashley challenged us each to take turns with posing them and interacting with them. While she offered constructive criticism and encouragement. This was such an great opportunity to have. I came away from it learning so much, as well as being a part of a group now that encourages and supports each other. Check out Ashley's blog to read more about the workshop



















Here are a few of my favorites from the Couples shoot














Check out my new friends from the workshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!